Sometimes you need a bit of extra help in your creative life - someone to listen exclusively to you and help you overcome any obstacles. Our trained tutors, coaches, mentors and consultants have many years experience in working with creatives (or those just starting to explore their craft). Because we all come from different artistic backgrounds, we are able to provide a wide range of expertise: novel and short story writing; movement and voice; art and illustration; and life coaching. We believe it is a privilege to work alongside those on their creative journey. Keep reading to see who might be the best fit for you.
* internationally published award-winning novelist
* mentor, assessor and personal tutor on the City University Creative Writing MA
* mentor for the National Centre for Writing Escalator and Writer’s Toolkit programmes
Kate can offer you help with your writing practice, help with your writing, or a combination of the two.
She is an experienced editorial consultant and mentor of writers at all stages in their careers, from beginners to those who already have a history of publication but feel the support of a mentor would benefit them.
Kate tailors each consultation to the writer's particular needs. She works internationally by Zoom or Skype, as well as face-to-face in central London. Contact Kate here.
* founder of The Writers Company
* over twenty-five years teaching experience including for Essex University Creative Writing undergraduates and MA Occupational Therapists
* published writer in over 40 publications
Petra offers flexible one to one support and usually works with people over many months on their manuscripts. She charges £50 an hour which includes time taken to assess up to 3000 words and a half-hour meeting over zoom.
At present, Petra has no availability for mentorships. Please choose from the other stunning mentors on our page or contact her to go on a waiting list.
* voice movement therapy practitioner and integrative arts counsellor facilitating therapeutic workshops internationally
* over ten years teaching experience including working with dance movement therapy and drama students for University of East Anglia and University of Derby students
* singer-songwriter including for award-winning film 'Malka'
Sebastiana offers individual voice sessions. This includes vocal development of your acoustic voice allowing you to perform your work with more ease and greater expressive range. You will learn resources that will support you to deal with confidence issues, stress or stage fright. Sebastiana will guide you to create a more compassionate inner voice that is encouraging and more motivational than self-criticism. Her voice sessions can also introduce you to embodiment and creative practices that enhance your artistic voice and wellbeing, whether you are a singer, writer, or artist. £45 per hour online or face to face.
* Graduate of National Centre for Writing Escalator development programme
* Arts Council award winner, for speculative fiction (novel in progress)
* Internationally published YA original stories and educational titles
Elizabeth works with writers from the UK, Europe and Australia, across genres and at all stages of their careers. Her emphasis is on freeing up creativity and helping writers expand their writing practice.
Elizabeth says: “One-to-ones keep you on track and improve your technical expertise, in a supportive, tailored format. Mentors give you the confidence to explore.”
Elizabeth has twenty years’ experience as a writer, winning an Arts Council grant, and a place on the Escalator Literature Programme for her fiction. She writes an educational magazine and books, sold worldwide and recognised in a recent international award; is founder of Writer Revealed – where the focus is on the writer behind the words; and runs immersive writing days for the Young Walter Scott Prize, and the National Trust on Suffolk’s Orford Ness.
Fees £50 per hour. Contact Elizabeth to find out how she can help you here.
* Artist in Residence with The Writers Company
* Mixed media artist with a fine art and textiles background.
* Founder and Artistic Director of Lockarts, an arts in mental health organisation
Juliet offers flexible one to one support for artists who want to write and writers who want to make art. She can help identify ways to develop your creative practice at any stage of your career.
“I am intrigued that the first recorded mentor appeared in Homer’s epic poem, The Odyssey. The character Mentor was entrusted to educate Telemachus, son of Odysseus whilst the King was away fighting. The idea of a mentor, as a teacher and guide, has remained a constant throughout thousands of years and is still as relevant in today’s world.”
Juliet has over 30 years of experience as an artist and is continually developing her practice. As founder of the charity, Lockarts, she has experience in running a small creative business and all aspects of creative project management. In both her own work and her work as a community artist Juliet specialises in bringing together the arts and heritage to promote positive wellbeing. She has an MA in Creative Writing and Literature.
Fees are £50 per hour
Contact Juliet here for more information on how she can help you.
ARLENE FRANCEY LYNE
* International coach for big hearted, creative women.
* In private practice since 2008
* Shares free resources and daily encouragement at her online hub www.theflourishingwoman.com
Arlene can help you make ‘it’ happen gently - be that a specific creative project or life changes.
Together we can, uncover the future your really want; set your day up to honour that; prioritise your wellbeing; create realistic actions plans; sustain motivation; ditch the ‘shoulds’; deal with limiting beliefs; move beyond perfectionism and embrace 'good enough’.
Arlene tailors coaching packages to your needs. She is a qualified Personal Performance Coach with additional training in youth coaching and Non-Violent Communication. She coaches internationally online via Zoom. You can get in touch with Arlene here.